Last Updated: October 19, 2023
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is provided by Said Differently, Inc. (“Said Differently,” “we,” “us”) and describes the categories of personal information you may provide to, or may be collected by us. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how to contact us about our privacy practices. This Notice applies to our website at https://saiddifferently.com (the “Site”).
Updates to this Notice
We may update this Notice based upon evolving laws, regulations and industry standards, or as we may make changes to our business, including the Site. We will post changes to our Notice on this page and encourage you to review our Notice when you use our Site to stay informed. If we make changes that materially alter your privacy rights, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. If you disagree with the changes to this Notice, you should discontinue your use of the Site.
You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site. The Site are not directed to or intended for use by minors. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information through the Site. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide Us
We collect certain information from you by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, last name, email address, physical address, and phone number, when you use the Site, such as when you choose to contact us.
Information We May Automatically Collect
When you use our Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the trackers that are installed on your device using cookies and similar technologies. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages and services that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We may automatically collect this information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Types of Cookies
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them). To make it easier for you to understand why we need them, the cookies we use on our Site can be grouped into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary: These cookies are necessary for the Site to work properly. They include any essential authentication and authorization cookies for our Site.
- Functionality: These cookies enable technical performance and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing our Site, including any preferences you set. They also include sign-in and authentication cookies and IDs that enable you to return without additional sign-in.
- Performance/Analytical: These cookies allow us to collect certain information about how you navigate the Site running on your device. They help us understand which areas you use and what we can do to improve them.
- Targeting: These cookies are used to deliver relevant information related to our Site to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which has previously been used to visit our Site. Some of these types of cookies on our Site are operated by third parties with our permission and are used to identify advertising sources that are effectively driving customers to our Site.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
Cookies can be controlled, blocked, or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your cookie preferences across these environments.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
- Google Chrome, available at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Edge, available at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox, available at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, available at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera, available at https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Apple Safari, available at https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac
If you are using a mobile device to access the Site, you will need to refer to your instruction manual or other help/settings resource to find out how you can control Cookies on your device. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you restrict, disable or block any or all Cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Site may not operate properly, and you may not have access to our services available through the Site. We are not responsible for your inability to use our Site or any degraded function you may experience that may be caused by your settings and choices regarding Cookies.
We also embed social sharing icons throughout our Site. These sharing options are designed to enable users to easily share content from our Site with others using a variety of different social networks. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide and maintain our Site;
- To manage your account;
- To process your payments;
- For the performance of a contract and the development, compliance and undertaking of any contract you may have with us;
- To process your job application;
- To personalize your experience on the Site;
- To manage your requests;
- To process your transactions;
- To communicate with you, including through marketing communications;
- To screen for and investigate potential risks and fraud in our systems;
- To optimize our Site;
- To comply with legal obligations; and
- To establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
Sharing your Personal Information
We disclose your personal information:
- To our affiliates for the purposes described in this Notice;
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us. These can include providers of services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, user support service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- To companies we work with in order to provide you with any services you have requested from us; and
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to subpoenas, search warrants or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may disclose your personal information as part of a corporate business transaction such as a merger or acquisition, divestiture, sale of Said Differently’s assets, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. In these cases, personal information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset. We may also share information with banks and similar entities for purposes of transferring loans in connection with your device financing.
Privacy Technology Practices
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “do not track” features to enable users to make privacy and security choices. By using these settings, your browser may send a signal to our Site not to collect tracking information. At this time, the Site does not respond to “do not track” signals, if received.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like in customer reviews.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
How To Opt Out Of Email Communications
If you provide us with your email address, we may send you product emails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such emails from us, you may opt out of future emails regarding that product by following the opt-out instructions in the email. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal communications. Opt-out requests will be effective after a reasonable period of time for processing but in no event longer than such time as may be required by applicable law.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Site to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the information provided below.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Notice please email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for writing to us. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please check the informations or try again later.